London Young Counselling is the leading school counselling service, started in London and now serving schools across England and the need for our services is constantly growing. At London Young Counselling we believe that all young people should have the opportunity to be able to see a counsellor in their times of need and to achieve this, we have created a service which is dedicated to providing a professional and accessible counselling service to young people based in their school. We work closely with the school to ensure we are providing as much support as possible to students during their time with one of our counsellors.
London Young Counselling provide both long and short term support for young people whilst with our service. During the assessment session the counsellor will explain how counselling works and complete a confidentiality agreement with the client. By completing an assessment form, counsellors are able to make sure they are providing an individual service to each young person. Throughout our counselling process, counsellors complete a strict admin process which allows us to consistently monitor the service and once a counsellor has completed sessions with a client the school will be given a case review from the counsellor and a feedback form from the student.
Over the years, our case reviews and feedback forms have shown us how crucial the work we do in schools is for students.
Why students might come to counselling
- Stress and Anxiety
- Grief and Loss
- Family and Home Concerns
- Anger Management
- School Issues
- Fears and Phobias
- Self Harm
- Confidence and Self Esteem
A couple of points you need to know about our service
- London Young Counselling places counsellors in schools to provide 1:1 support to students.
- Counsellors work with students aged from 6-18.
- Counsellors are also able to run sessions for staff.
- Counselling sessions run along side the times of scheduled lessons.
- We tailor the service to each individual school.
- By building relationships with staff and students, we aim to become a wider part of the existing pastoral team.
- Counsellors come equipped with their own resources.
- Counsellors are sent in by London Young Counselling and therefore London Young Counselling are liable for all paperwork, including an up to date DBS and insurance.
- There are no surprise expectations from the school, all we ask for is a named contact to hold a client waiting list, a named contact regarding any safeguarding issues and a confidential space for sessions to take place.
How to get London Young Counsellors in your School
- Send us an email or give us a call. We would be happy to have a discussion with you to see how our service can best benefit your school!
- If you want to go ahead with getting the service set up, please complete the below booking form and we will contact you.